Wednesday 24 February 2010

A quick hello...

Hey, sorry it's been a while. I've been meaning to update the blog for a few days but I wanted to wait until my module 2 & 3 exam results came out...... I got them this morning and on the whole I'm pretty pleased. I found the MCQs quite simple and I came out with 85.3%, I passed my clinical skills assessment (but only just on the communication skills bit - I need to be more interested in how things affect the patient and their family). The MEQs were something I was terrified of because of my awful performance last time, but apart from one question I was pleasantly suprised with myself. I think it worked out that I got 63.3% which is good for me, and it would have been more if I'd had a clue what the hell that last question wanted! I'm just waiting for the clinical reasoning exam results to come out at the end of the week, It was the first time we had done those and I don't think I did particularly well, but that's ok (also, I felt like I needed to watch an episode of House before that exam, I think it would have helped).

We've started the musculoskeletal module this month, It's soo interesting but I'm really noticing how fast paced the course is - we've pretty much covered the anatomy (including bones, joints, muscles, nerves and vasculature) of the whole lower limb in 1.5 weeks as well as covering the pathology, clinical skills and other random stuff that comes up in PBL. It's just a bit overwhelming.

We changed PBL groups too at the start of this module, it's wierd! It's difficult figuring out how to deal with all the new stuff going on - friendship dynamics from the last group changing, trying to find my place in this new group, trying to learn the same amount of stuff as before but in a totally different way because my new group want me to be more interactive with them (which is a good thing in theory but I spend so much time trying to work out what I can do for the next session that I don't have enough time to actually learn things!).

In other news, my mum has hopefully sold the house so she is looking to move in about a month, it will be just at the start of my Easter holidays so hopefully I can help her - I really don't like the idea of her moving house while I'm here and then going 'home' to somewhere new. Does that make sense?

I have to go now, I need to put some washing in, tidy the kitchen and then go food shopping. See you soon. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Well done in your exams! Keep it going - and I hope you manage to sort yourself out with all the dynamics and stay sane :)

    ReplyDelete